The Central Rivers AEA Well-Being Team provides various support to our students with Autism Spectrum Disorder, their families and the staff working with them. Through consultation, collaboration, and coaching models, the Well-Being Team is able to tailor the supports to the specific needs of the individual students and their school districts. These supports may include professional development, team consultation, student observation, and other services that help to diagnose the needs of the students and design effective evidence-based supports and interventions. If additional support is needed, any individual may reach out to the AEA Team Representative or Regional Administrator for that district.
Autism resources are provided by Central Rivers AEA Media Services.
If you are interested in learning more about Autism, please explore the resources below.
- Autism Society of America
- Autism Society of Iowa
- Autism Speaks
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Organization for Autism Research
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Center for Secondary Education for Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (CSESA)
Learning Links for Educators
The following online modules will aid educators in building a toolbox to support children with Autism Spectrum disorders.