- Prepare good clean copies to be used as originals.
- Try to leave a ¼ inch margin around your pages.
- For best results the density of the type on the page should be consistent, light and heavy type on a page may produce copies that look light and dark.
- Avoid using originals created with pencils.
- Printed copies will only be as good as the originals; avoid smudges and messy corrections.
- Remember that we are unable to do personal printing orders.
- The print staff will make every effort to complete your order by your requested date. Jobs requiring graphic design work, proofs, colored inks, or extensive bindery will require additional time to complete.
- If your material is copyrighted please send a copy of the permission to reprint with the request.
- Utilize our experienced Graphic Design Specialists whenever possible.
- When scanning materials, always scan at least 300 dpi for a good-quality reproduction.
- When submitting files, that are ready to print, please make them into High-Resolution PDFs.
- If you send in the original file (ex: word document) and have not made it into a PDF we cannot guarantee that it will look like it does on your computer. Margins and typefaces can be changed in documents when opened up on different machines.
Place Your Order
Visit the Central Rivers AEA Creative Services online ordering system to place your order or contact Randy Darst, Print Facilitator.
Office Hours / Contacts
Do you have questions? Want to know more? Get in touch with us!
School Year: 8 AM- 4:30 PM
Summer: 7:30 AM – 4 PM
1521 Technology Parkway
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Phone: 319-273-8238 or 800-542-8375
Central Rivers Area Education Agency is required by law to follow all copyright restrictions. These laws are very strict and apply to Central Rivers Area Education Agency Personnel doing the duplication of materials, the individual requesting the duplication of material and the principal and superintendent of that school district. The penalties can also affect the board members of that school district and Central Rivers Area Education Agency board members.
Copyright Laws Apply To:
- Printing worksheets
- Copied magazine articles
- Disney or other copyrighted graphics
- Copying video tapes
- Audio tapes
- CDs and computer programs
- Producing or reproducing digital information from the Internet
Copyright Compliance Issues Also Apply To:
- Purchasing resources (public performance rights)
- Creating or using intellectual property (including online resource use)
- Fair use privileges by teachers as well as students
The copyright release is usually found within the first two or three pages of a textbook. To help clarify copyright restrictions related to the above, a web page with links to current copyright information is maintained on the Central Rivers Area Education Agency website. Staff members are also available for consultation.