Central Rivers AEA serves students from birth to the age of 21. The eligibility requirements for children to receive services differ depending on the age of the child. In all cases, however, services are free and are based on eligibility and need. If you believe that a child or student may need AEA services, we are here to assist you! Please look at this pamphlet for further information, Working Together for Children.
If you are interested in scheduling a hearing screening and do not have concerns about your child’s development at this time, please visit our Schedule a Hearing Screening page to schedule a hearing screening.
Children Birth – 3 Years
If your child is between the ages of birth to 3 years and has a condition that may cause later delays in development or if they are showing delays in their ability to play, think, talk or move, your child may be eligible for Early ACCESS services.
You can make a referral or request an evaluation by completing the referral form or by contacting:
- Nicole Heiselman: (319)-268-7646
- Amanda Hennigar: (641)-329-4246
- Julie Sherburne: (319)-415-5743
- Elissa Berding: (641)-494-7507
- You can also make a referral through the Iowa Family Support Network.
Children 3 – 5 Years
How Do I Make a Referral for AEA Services?
- Parents: If you are concerned about your child’s learning and/or development, please contact Margy Averill at Central Rivers AEA, via email or phone call 641-844-2431.
- Teachers in a school-based preschool: Referrals may be made by contacting your Early Childhood Collaborator, Team Representative, or other appropriate staff (i.e. SLP for speech/language concerns). Provide your contact person with the date you discussed the referral with the child’s parent.
- Medical providers and outside agencies/center-based providers: Referrals may be made by contacting Margy Averil at Central Rivers AEA, via email or phone call. You will need to provide basic information about the child as well as the date that you spoke with the child’s parent about making the referral.
Students 5 – 21 Years
The Child Find process is different for students who are of school age. A parent may request an evaluation by contacting an administrator at the student’s school.