River Hills School is a publicly sponsored special school for students with moderate, severe, and profound developmental disabilities. The school serves students from kindergarten through age 21.
The unique setting is staffed by professionals with expertise in working with students with developmental disabilities. This expertise allows us to focus on the use of current and innovative instructional strategies while incorporating the latest technology into instruction.
Approximately 85 students from local school districts within Central Rivers AEA attend River Hills School. There are 20 classrooms, each staffed by a licensed special education teacher and a paraprofessional. Typical class sizes range from three to six students.
2023-2024 School Year Calendar
Support Staff in the School
- Special Educational Consultant
- Speech – Language Pathologists
- School Psychologist
- Special Education Nurse
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapist
- Work Experience Coordinator
- Adaptive PE Teachers
- Instructional Support Teacher
- Access to hearing, vision and mobility specialists
2700 Grand Boulevard
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
- Phone: (319)-268-7775
- Toll-Free: (800)-542-8375 (IA)
- Fax: (319)-268-1828
- During the school year: Monday – Friday: 7 am – 4 pm
- Closed during the summer months. Visit by appointment only. Please call (319)-268-7775.