The following tools, information, and assessments are researched based on best mathematical practices. The best implementation of these tools will include additional learning and support.
High-Level Teaching Practices
Eight Mathematical Teaching Practices
- Establish mathematics goals to focus learning.
- Implement tasks that promote reasoning and problem-solving.
- Use and connect mathematical representations.
- Facilitate meaningful mathematical discourse.
- Pose purposeful questions.
- Build procedural fluency from conceptual understanding.
- Support productive struggle in learning mathematics.
- Elicit and use evidence of student thinking.