The Family & Educator Partnership (FEP) works to develop and sustain partnerships between families, educators and community providers to promote success for all children and youth with disabilities.
Family & Educator Coordinators provide support, information and resources to families and educators in a variety of ways. Coordinators are also parents of children or young adults with special needs, so they share a unique perspective with families.
Services are provided at no cost and are based on eligibility and need. Contact the FEP Coordinator assigned to your school district if you need assistance or information about the following:
- Conferences, workshops or networking groups
- Parent/student rights and responsibilities
- Understanding special education
- Community resources, camps and leisure activities
- Transition: preparing a student in special education, age 14 or older, in the areas of living, learning and working
- Challenging behaviors strategies for families
Central Rivers AEA
Informational materials about FEP can be downloaded in digital format.
Iowa Department of Education
Special Education Resources for Families & Educators located on the Iowa Department of Education website are additional, valuable resources for parents, families and educators.