Below please find links to a few of our past issues of our GetMedia Newsletter along with usage reports for both GetMedia resources and the AEA Digital Resources.
Statistical Usage Information
- AEA Digital Resources Usage Information 2019-20 (includes past 3 years of data)
- GetMedia Catalog (Medianet) Usage Information 2019-2020
- GetMedia Catalog (Medianet) Usage Information 2018-2019
- GetMedia Catalog (Medianet) Usage Information 2017-2018
What is a learning pathway?
Learning Pathways are organized learning experiences written in student-friendly language that provides choice, voice, and ownership for the learner. On a continuum of learner-centered approaches, pathways can start as teacher-created plans with choices embedded for the learner and advance all the way to co-designed experiences where the learner designs their pathway and the teacher coaches the learner in their next steps for learning.
Why did Central Rivers AEA create learning pathways?
- Saves educators time so they can focus on instruction instead of finding and organizing materials
- Serves as models for what learning can look like in face to face and remote environments
What Strategies are Embedded in each pathway?
- Aligned to Standards
- Vetted Materials Representing Diversity
- Technology Integration
- Built In Checks for Understanding
- Activator of Learning
- Authentic Evidence of Learning
Why use a learning pathway?
- Increases learner engagement
- Research-based strategies are embedded in this approach, especially student agency, feedback, and inquiry-based learning
- Save time by having one pathway for learners in virtual, hybrid, and face to face environments
- Seamlessly transition between learning models – it works for all models
- Integrates content, skills, and dispositions (including social, emotional learning skills)
Find out more in the Why and How Behind Learning Pathways
How can educators access these learning pathways?
To utilize these learning pathways simply access this Google Drive folder, locate the subject, and sort by grade level. (Coming soon!)
Lesson Starters – Integrating Media Resources with Teaching and Learning
What is a lesson starter?
Lesson Starters are lesson plan ideas based upon content studied in our schools that incorporate materials available through Central Rivers AEA Media Services.
Why did Central Rivers AEA create lesson starters?
One of our goals for Central Rivers AEA Media Services this year is to improve our public-facing tools and communication in order to increase the educator’s ability to access media information and resources. Our thinking is that If we make media resources connected to content and easier to access, then teachers will be more likely to use media-integrated approaches and students will be more likely to experience deeper learning. It is our hope to promote AEA media resources along with saving educators time so you can focus on instruction instead of finding and organizing materials.
What will these lesson starters provide?
- Links to both physical and digital resources in our AEA media collection
- List of standards that connect to the content presented
- Essential or guiding questions around the content
Note: Some Lesson Starters will also go a bit further and give ideas on strategies that would promote student engagement and agency in their learning.
To utilize these lesson starters simply access this Google Drive folder, locate the subject, and sort by grade level. (more coming soon!)