Skip to content
- Bureau of Labor Statistics – 1-202-691-5200 – this website is used to support students and teachers by providing games/quizzes, student resources, teachers desk, and a history of the bureau of labor statistics
- Iowa Vocational Rehabilitation Services – 515-281-4211 – Iowa Vocational Rehabilitation Services is to work for and with individuals who have disabilities to achieve their employment, independence and economic goals.
- Iowa Department of the Blind – 515-281-1333 – Train and empower blind and visually impaired individuals to pursue lifelong goals.
- Iowa Works -515-281-5387 or 800-562-4692 – Provides information about job opportunities, training, unemployment benefits, and the labor market.
- JAN – (800)526-7234 – Job Accommodation Network, Review JAN materials by disability and by topic. Not all accommodation ideas are provided on the JAN Website, so you can contact JAN directly with any question not answered here.
- Social Security – 1-800-772-1213 -Incentives to Work.
- DMACC Skills – 515-964-6200 or 800-362-2127 – Look under skills guide in a specific program for future skills needed in educational programs.
- National Career Readiness Certification – Measures and certifies the essential work skills needed for success in jobs across industries and occupations
- ONET – Detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development and HR professionals, students, researchers, and more.
- Career 3 Step – A 3 step process in finding out which career suits you best.
Search for Jobs
- Career Builders – Supports people in finding jobs, completing resumes, and other work-related resources.
- Career One Stop – Source for careers exploration, training & jobs
- Indeed – Job search engine.
- Iowa Jobs – IowaJobs has thousands of jobs posted each business day. IowaJobs gives you 24-hour access to all of the job listings in IWD’s statewide system.
- Monster Jobs – Find Iowa job listings. Whether you’re searching for full time, part time, or entry level jobs, you’ll find great job opportunities in Iowa from Monster.
- Job Corps – (800) 733-5627 – Hands-on training location that gives individuals between the ages of 16 and 25 the opportunity to learn a trade to advance their skills.
- Vocational Services to Individuals with Disabilities
- Comprehensive Systems – (641) 228-4842 – Array of services include residential, vocational and day services in a five-county area. Locations include: Charles City, Cedar Falls/Waterloo, Mason City, New Hampton, and Osage.
- Goodwill Industries – 319-234-4626 – Goodwill Industries of Central Iowa improves the quality of life for all individuals by providing skills training and helping people find jobs. Goodwill is located throughout the nation.
- Exceptional Persons, Inc. – (319) 232-6671 – Waterloo, Iowa
- Mid-Iowa Workshops, Inc. – 641-752-3697 – Marshalltown, Iowa
- MOSAIC – 641-585-5450 – Forest City & Clarion, Iowa
- North Star Community Services- (319) 236-0901 – Waterloo, Iowa
- One Vision – 641-357-5277 – Clear Lake Iowa
- REM Iowa Developmental Services HCBS- (319) 378-9333 – Hiawatha, Iowa
- NIVC – 641-423-3301 – North Iowa Vocational Services Mason City, Iowa
- Trinkets and Togs – (319) 352-8029 – Waverly, Iowa