Supported Living Facilities
- Central Iowa Residential Services, Inc. (CIRSI) – provides individualized services to children and adults with intellectual or mental health disabilities
- Comprehensive Systems, Inc. – Comprehensive Systems is an accredited, community-based, private, non-profit Iowa corporation founded in 1970.
- Harmony House Health Care Center – Harmony House Health Care Center specializes in the treatment of traumatic brain injury, chronic respiratory failure.
- Balance Autism-This agency provides a variety of innovative solutions for autism. Through our campus and community services, we seek to enrich the lives of people with autism through work, play and community.
- North Star Community Services – (319)-232-6671 – Serves older and younger adults with a variety of disabilities who want to live independently in the community. Provides training and support in areas such as self-care, safety, budgeting, home maintenance, community integration, and social skills.
- Mosaic – 877-3MOSAIC – Mosaic Assisted Residential Service provides structured supervision, evaluation, and training, independent living and social/recreational skills as prescribed by an Individual Program Plan (IPP).
- One Vision– To inspire meaningful lives by connecting people with purpose, whether that purpose is obtaining a job in their community, finding a home that meets their needs and wants, or supporting their personal interests.
- REM Iowa Community Services – Provides quality services and supports that lead to growth and independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual or behavioral challenges they face.
- University of Iowa Health Care-The Transition to Adult Health Care Quickguide was developed to give families and providers information help youth build independent health care skills.
- Community Resource Catalog – Second Judicial District – Directory of community resources.
- EARN’s Mental Health Toolkit – Talks about how to work in a mental health friendly work environment.
- Estate Planning – Families who want to make additional money available for their child’s future should consider using a carefully worded legal instrument called a special Needs Trust.
- Exceptional Persons, Inc. – EPI provides services to people with disabilities, including supported employment, home and community support, Day Habilitation, Respite, Consumer Directed Attendant Care (CDAC), Advocacy & Counseling, Payee services, borrow health equipment, child care referrals, and transportation.
- Family and Educator Partnership – Providing information, support and encouragement to families and educators of children and young adults with disabilities.
- Guardianship/ Conservatorship
- Contact Information:
- Independent Living Research Utilization– founded in 1977, has a long history of providing research, education and consultation in the areas of independent living, the Americans with Disabilities Act, home and community-based services and health issues for people with disabilities.
- Iowa Centers for Independent Living – Directory of independent living facilities.
- Iowa Department of the Blind – The Iowa Department for the Blind helps educate, train and empower blind and visually impaired individuals to pursue lifelong goals.
- Larrabee Center Inc. – Has a list of properties in the Waverly area
- Lutheran Services of Iowa – Multitude of services for adults and children
- Mid-Iowa Community Action, Inc. – Provides early childhood, health, family development and housing services all as community enrichment programs.provides early childhood, health, family development and housing services as well as community enrichment programs.provides early childhood, development and housing services as well as community enrichment programs.
- Pathways Behavioral Supports – Provides quality services to enhance the education and lives of individuals with autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
- Roy Eblen Speech and Hearing Clinic – Housed at UNI, provides services for all forms of speech, language, and hearing disorders for persons of all ages
- Social Security – Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is a Federal income supplement program funded by general tax revenues (not Social Security taxes): provides funding to help aged, blind, and disabled people, who have limited funds.
- Special Olympics of Northeast Iowa – Special Olympics provides year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for individuals with disabilities.
- Transition Clinic – (319)-384-6208 – Billed through medicaid for ages 12-early 20’s & provides Team (Social Worker, Nurse Practitioner, Doctor, Employment Specialist) Evaluations & Assessments
- United Way 211 – Online directory of services
Living Funding Options
- Care Connections of Northern Iowa – a regional management plan designed to improve health, hope, and successful outcomes for the adults in our region who have mental health and/or intellectual/developmental disabilities.
- County Services– County Social Services provides financial support for mental health and disability services programs to individuals in North Central and Northeastern Iowa.
- Iowa DHS (Department of Human Services) – Provides assistance in health care, child care, child welfare, child support, and mental health and disability services.
- Disability Government – Explains benefits, civil rights, community life, education, emergency preparedness, employment , health, housing, technology and transportation services that are available.
- Government Benefits– Your path to government benefits
- Medicaid Modernization – Iowa Department of Human Services: DHS has announced that the following bidders have been selected for : Amerigroup Iowa, Inc., AmeriHealth Caritas Iowa, Inc., UnitedHealthcare Plan of the River Valley, Inc. They offer the latest information to help members get the care they need, and help providers get paid for the important services they deliver.
- Money Follows the Person – Resources and Funding for individuals moving out of ICF Housing