Providing information, support and encouragement to families and educators of children and young adults with disabilities.
What is the Family and Educator Partnership?
Central Rivers AEA Family & Educator Partnership is part of the Iowa Family & Educator Partnership, a statewide network of families and educators working together to develop and sustain effective partnerships between families, educators and community providers to promote success for all children and youth with disabilities.
What services and supports are available?
The program offers support to families and schools as they
work together to create, promote and sustain systems of family
engagement in our schools and communities.
The Family & Educator Partnership helps families and educators by:
• Answering questions either by phone, e-mail or in person
• Referring to other resources
• Assisting with the communication process between families and schools
• Providing information about the IEP/IFSP process,
• Review of procedural safeguards,
• Help prepare for a meeting, or
• Attend IEP/IFSP or other school meetings as requested by the local school, AEA staff or parents
• Helping a family develop a vision for the student’s future,
• Providing workshops on transition related topics,
• Sharing information about community resources, or
• Collaborating with other agencies on family support and transition related issues
||Parent Educator Coordinator||Loni Jorgenson|
|April Wooldridge||Parent Educator Coordinator||April Wooldridge|
|Rod Ball||Director of Special Programs||Rod Ball|