Procedures and Forms
The purpose of Iowa’s special education procedures manual is the implementation of consistent, seamless, high quality, legally compliant special education procedures across the area education agencies in the state. These procedures are intended to meet the requirements of the law and provide clarity for the parents and educators who serve students ages birth to 21. Furthermore, they provide a familiar process for parents and educators who move and change AEAs. Finally, consistent state procedures facilitate inter-agency communication with a common process and documentation.
- For children ages birth to 3 see the Early Access Procedures Manual.
- For children ages 3 to 21 see the Special Education Procedures Manual.
- EA Procedural Safeguards Manual for Parents – English
- EA Procedural Safeguards Manual for Parents in Eleven Languages
- Procedural Safeguards Manual – English
- Procedural Safeguards Manual for Parents in Six Languages
- Procedural Safeguards Manual (Marshallese)
- Guidance for Special Education Forms (previously known as “What Forms to Use When”)
- I-3 Iowa IDEA Information – Improving the lifelong educational outcomes of all learners.