Ties to the Iowa Core
Communicate and work productively with others, incorporating different perspectives and cross cultural understanding, to increase innovation and the quality of work.
Adapt to various roles and responsibilities and work flexibly in climates of ambiguity and changing priorities.
Demonstrate leadership skills, integrity, ethical behavior, and social responsibility while collaborating to achieve common goals
Demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge, and develop innovative products and processes using technology.
Literacy — College and career readiness in Speaking and Listening
Comprehension and Collaboration
- Prepare for and participate effectively in a range of conversations and collaborations with diverse partners, building on others’ ideas and expressing their own clearly and persuasively.
- Integrate and evaluate information presented in diverse media and formats, including visually, quantitatively, and orally.
- Evaluate a speaker’s point of view, reasoning, and use of evidence and rhetoric.
Presentation of Knowledge and Ideas
- Present information, findings, and supporting evidence such that listeners can follow the line of reasoning and the organization, development, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.
- Make strategic use of digital media and visual displays of data to express information and enhance understanding of presentations.
- Adapt speech to a variety of contexts and communicative tasks, demonstrating command of formal English when indicated or appropriate.
Understand the influences on individual and group behavior and group decision making.
Standards for Mathematical Practice
Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
Reason abstractly and quantitatively
Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
Model with mathematics
Use appropriate tools strategically
Attend to precision
Look for and make use of structure
Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
Identify questions and concepts that guide scientific investigations.
Uses technology and mathematics to improve investigations and communications
Think critically and logically to make the relationships between evidence and explanations.
Recognize and analyze alternative explanations and predictions