Just like the real world, the digital world can be a frightening place. As children enter the digital world as increasingly younger ages, it is more important than ever to prepare them to thrive in that world. Below are some resources to help them thrive.
Resources for students, teachers & parents
- NetSmartz – Basic Internet Safety
- SafeKids.com | Digital Citizenship, Online Safety & Civility
- Kids.gov – Online Safety for for Grades K-5, Grades 6-8, Teachers, and Parents
*The following resources require the use of your Iowa AEA Online username and password. For assistance, please contact your building/district Teacher Librarian or one of the Central Rivers AEA Librarians.
CyberSmarts/Teen CyberSmarts eBooks available in MackinVia
- Avoiding predators online
- Protecting your privacy online
- Teens avoiding predators online
- Teens protecting their privacy online