The organizations listed provide many resources to give assistance to teachers, parents and administrators as they develop a supportive environment of learning for students.
- Belin-Blank Center for Gifted Education and Talent Development – Located at the University of Iowa, the Connie Belin & Jacquelin N. Blank International Center for Gifted Education and Talent Development is a full-service gifted education center that impacts the lives of gifted students, their families, and their educators.
- Iowa Talented and Gifted Association – Iowa’s association of interested parents, educators, and concerned citizens dedicated to meeting the needs of talented and gifted children and youth. ITAG is an affiliate of the National Association for Gifted Children.
- National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC) – A non-profit organization of parents, teachers, educators, community leaders and other professionals who unite to address the unique needs of all children and youth.
- Supporting Emotional Needs of Gifted Children (SENG) – Dedicated to fostering environments in which gifted adults and children, in all their diversity, understand and accept themselves and are understood, valued, nurtured, and supported by their families, schools, workplaces and communities.
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) – The largest international professional organization dedicated to improving the educational success of individuals with disabilities and/or gifts and talents. CEC advocates for appropriate governmental policies, sets professional standards, provides professional development, advocates for individuals with exceptionalities, and helps professionals obtain conditions and resources necessary for effective professional practice.
- Neag Center for Gifted Education and Talent Development at the University of Connecticut – The only federally funded research organization, known as The National Research Center on the Gifted and Talented (NRC/GT). The current research studies are an integrated approach to identifying, serving, and evaluating academic outcomes.