Welcome to the Central Rivers AEA Science website. Here you will find information, resources, and tools to improve science education for all students.
Next generation science standards
- Iowa adopted the performance expectations component of the Next Generation Science Standards as the state standard on August 6, 2015. These standards, broken down by elementary grade level and secondary content area, can be viewed at News Science Standards 08-06-2015.
- Explore the full Next Generation Science Standards.
- The standards are based on the Framework for K-12 Science Education.
- Feel free to contact us to discuss ways we can assist your district with your transition to these standards.
STEM education in Iowa
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Education has been identified as a priority in Iowa. The Governor’s STEM Advisory Council is a partnership between business, policy and education leaders from across the state convened to bolster Iowa’s STEM education and innovation. Visit the Governor’s STEM Advisory Council for more information.
Check out our blog science for the next generation!
Periodically throughout the school year we will discuss issues related Science Education. Check out the Science Blog and add to the conversation!
Have a Question? Want to Know More? Contact a Science Consultant!
Cedar Falls Office
|Mandie Sanderman||Consultant for Science||Mandie Sanderman|
Clear Lake Office
|Kay Schmalen||Educational Services Consultant||Kay Schmalen|