The following tools, information, and assessments are researched based around best mathematical practices. Best implementation of these tools will include additional learning and support.
High Level Teaching Practices
8 Mathematical Teaching Practices
- Establish mathematics goals to focus learning.
- Implement tasks that promote reasoning and problem solving.
- Use and connect mathematical representations.
- Facilitate meaningful mathematical discorse.
- Pose purposeful questions.
- Build procedural fluency from conceptual understanding.
- Support productive struggle in learning mathematics.
- Elicit and use evidence of student thinking.