These materials have been gathered in one place for you to read about and/or watch as you continue along your journey of growing as a Professional Learning Community.
Remembering that A Professional Learning Community (PLC) is educators committed to working collaboratively in ongoing processes of collective inquiry and action research to achieve better results for the students they serve. PLCs operate under the assumption that the key to improved learning for students is continuous, job-embedded learning for educators. —adapted from Learning by Doing
- Where Do We Go From Here? Laying the Foundation Worksheet
- Effective Communication Continuum
- Where Do We Go From Here? Effective Communication Worksheet
- Where Do We Go From Here? Implementing a PLC Districtwide Worksheet
Building a collaborative culture
- Why Should We Collaborate?
- Stages of Team Development
- Building a Collaborative Culture
- Where Do We Go From Here? Collaborative Culture Worksheet
- Learning Team Collaboration Survey
- Why Should We Create Norms?
- Developing Norms
Focus on learning
Our fundamental purpose:
- The Capacity of a Professional Learning Community
- Protocol for Data Team Meeting
- Common Assessment Desired Outcomes
- Common Assessment Team Protocol
- Balanced Assessment System Framework
- Team Common Assessment Analysis Worksheet
- Solution Tree: Rebecca DuFour, Four Critical Questions
- Solution Tree: Rebecca DuFour, Three Big Ideas of a PLC
- Solution Tree: Rebecca DuFour, PLC Keynote
Focus on results
How will we know?
Programs/policies/practices and their impact on student learning, read about…
System of interventions
When students need more:
- Getting Started with Interventions
- Designing a System of Interventions
- Schedule Examples (We Need More Time!)