How can the formative assessment/instructional process improve learning?
“Research indicates that improving learning through assessment depends on five, deceptively simple, key factors:
- the provision of effective feedback to pupils;
- the active involvement of pupils in their own learning;
- adjusting teaching to take account of the results of assessment;
- a recognition of the profound influence assessment has on the motivation and self-esteem of pupils, both of which are crucial influences on learning;
- the need for pupils to be able to assess themselves and understand how to improve.”
Assessment Reform Group (1999). Assessment for learning: Beyond the black box. University of Cambridge: School of Education.
Do you have questions? Want to know more? Get in touch with us!
|Joe Kremer||Assessment/School Improvement Consultant||Joe Kremer|