Paraeducator Certification Course #15428 (formerly known as Generalist)

Paraeducators just starting their journey of continuing education will need to take the Paraeducator Certification Course. This 90-hour hybrid (face-to-face and online) course covers all six competencies. After completing the 3-hour orientation session on the first evening of class, participants will have a designated time frame to complete the online requirements of the course via Moddles.

If you are not currently employed with a school district as a practicing paraeducator, please check out the programs that are offered by other organizations:  Iowa Lakes Community College, Iowa Western Community College, Kirkwood Community College, Northeast Iowa Community College, Western Community College, and Mt Mercy University. Their contact information can be found on their websites for further information regarding their offerings.

For more information, please read our Certification Course Information.

Paraeducators Needing to Renew their Certification

Read over Renewal Credit information for information on how to renew your paraeducator certificate