CPI options for districts
Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (NCI) training is perfect for primary caregivers, educators and human service professionals who directly intervene in crisis situations, teaching staff de-escalation techniques as well as restrictive and nonrestrictive interventions.
Central Rivers AEA offers the following options:
- A District may partner with CRAEA to have their own trainer on staff. Read and follow the guidance on CPI 22-2023 Trainer Agreement with LEAs on how to engage in this process.
Central Rivers AEA will host train the trainer programs at three locations listed below in addition to the options found on the CPI Events and Training Website
- February 21st-23th, 2023 @ CRAEA Cedar Falls
- June 5th-7th, 2023 @ CRAEA Marshalltown
- A District may share a trainer via a 28E. Districts can share a trainer if they are engaged in a 28E and/or sharing Administrative Assignments. To see if you qualify contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Share a trainer with a neighboring district via a partnership agreement from our CRAEA. This option is for districts who do not have funds to host a trainer or a need for a 28E agreement, but can collaborate with a neighboring district within CRAEA. See CPI “Renewal Pool” Partnership Application for partnership agreement and more information.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Kay Schmalen, Director of Professional Learning