Return to Learn: Think Differently. Teach Differently. Learn Differently.
Central Rivers AEA is available to collaborate with districts and help schools transition to a learning environment that allows seamless movement between face-to-face and distance learning (snow days, credit recovery, closures, extended student illness/medical condition, etc.).
This page is constantly being updated as new information becomes available so check back often.
An independent website to track Covid-19 in Iowa is available to those wanting more detailed information.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Jen Sigrist, Executive Director of Media & Innovation (email@example.com) or Dr. Julie Davies, Executive Director of Educational Services (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Resources for Return to Learn
- Pear Deck – Pear Deck is an interactive presentation tool used to actively engage students in individual and social learning. Central Rivers AEA has purchased Pear Deck’s premium services, providing educators with full access to tools and resources. Teachers create presentations using their Google Drive account. Students log into the presentation with unique access codes and interact with questions while teachers monitor student and whole-class progress. For questions concerning Pear Deck, contact Jen Sigrist, Executive Director of Media & Innovation.
- Return to Learn Planning: This plan provides an integrated approach to guiding questions to considers and resources that help address each question. It is updated regularly with new resources.
- Return to Learn Resources – Iowa’s AEA System
- Special Ed Return to Learn plan
- Central Rivers AEA Cross Content Support
- Resources to Support Required Continuous Learning: A collection of resources gathered by Iowa’s AEAs around virtual continuous learning and online curriculum options.
- Return to Learn template – Sample language tied to each of the 7 areas of the DE’s guidance
- Online Curriculum and Virtual Learning Solutions: A comparison listing of online learning platforms.
- Compendium of Return-to-Learn supports for LEAs: A collection of detailed learning supports.
- PD options for Teaching Online – layered supports to help teachers teach online.
- English Learner (EL) considerations for Return to Learn
- Return to Learn Timeline Checklist
- Steps in Return to Learn Teaching & Learning Strand
- Return to Learn Supports Presentation
- Layered Supports Available for Schools about Teaching Online
- ISPRA Return to Learn Communication Plan
- Central City Return to Learn flyer (example)
- Delivery of Service for Fall 2020 (Teacher Leadership & School Counseling)
The following documents have been released by the DE
- Tech Acquisition
- Tech Skills: Learner & Family and Caregivers PK – 2
- Tech Skills: Learner Grades 3 – 12
- Tech Skills: Family and Caregivers 3 – 12
- Tech Skills: Special Educator
- Tech Skills: General Educator
- Tech Skills: Paraprofessional
- Preschool Resources for Return-to-Learn
- Considerations for Preschool Programs and Services for Return-to-Learn
- Preschool Return to Learn connections
- What does virtual learning look like for our youngest learners?
Resources provided by Iowa School Finance Information Services
- Twitter Storm regarding federal funding for schools to reopen this fall
- PPT presentation to District Leaders
- SBRC Letter to the Field