Superintendents Business Meeting resources – September 2, 2020
The Central Rivers AEA Superintendents met via Zoom for their first monthly business meeting of the 2020-21 year on Wednesday, September 2. The following resources and information were shared during the meeting.
Sam Miller, Chief Administrator
- Superintendents Advisory Committee. Sam shared the 2020-21 committee members and asked for approval from the group. The Superintendents approved the committee members unanimously.
- Wednesday Meetings. The regular monthly business meetings will be held on the first Wednesday of each month and open-forum meetings will be held on subsequent Wednesdays for those who wish to attend. Calendar invitations will be sent for each of the meetings. Please note that the Zoom link for the regular monthly meeting will be different from the open-forum meetings’ link.
- District Transportation Agreements & Bus Routes. Lori Thomas shared the new process for the transportation agreements and bus routes. Due to the pandemic, both will be completed at the same time this year and will go to the AEA board for approval in October. Superintendents have access to view their individual district’s agreements and bus routes online and if there are no changes, no further action is needed. If there are changes, superintendents should email Lori (firstname.lastname@example.org) by September 11 and she will make the updates for them.
Dr. Julie Davies, Executive Director of Ed Services
Amy Knupp, Executive Director of Special Education
Jen Sigrist, Executive Director of Media & Innovation
- Pear Deck is an interactive presentation tool used to actively engage students in individual and social learning and Jen gave a short demonstration of how Pear Dear works. Contact Jen if you have any questions (email@example.com).
Beth Strike, Director of Creative Services & Communications
- Central Rivers AEA Creative Services can provide printing for Edgenuity workbooks at a greatly reduced cost to help support districts’ online curriculum and learning needs. This document has pricing information and ordering details.
- Considerations in reporting out positive cases and exposures of COVID-19. Contact Beth (firstname.lastname@example.org) with further questions.
Contact Tracing was discussed and Dr. Jane Lindaman shared a link for a free training course available from John Hopkins University through the Coursera website.