CRAEA Early Childhood Consultants: Who are we?
Who are we?
We are committed to Iowa’s youngest learners and the adults that support them. As Early Childhood Consultants we provide a variety of services to districts.
What do we provide?
- Provide professional learning opportunities in the area of Early Childhood
- Support for district administration in coordinating and collaborating programs and services according to the Department of Education
- Support for teachers via small group networking opportunities
- Provide resources relative to current research and best practices in the area of Early Childhood
- Serve as a Curriculum Specialist providing support in understanding content standards, how various components of the curriculum link together and how to use the curriculum in planning instruction and assessment
- Data coaching to lead conversations that engage in analyzing and using data to strengthen instruction
- School Improvement support to guide districts in compliance with state and federal law as well as build capacity in five conceptual areas essential to continuous improvement in education: Assessment and Data-Based Decision-Making, Universal Instruction, Intervention System, Leadership, and Infrastructure
Early Childhood Consultants:
Northwest Sector: Michelle Haberman
Northeast Sector: Allyssa Pape
East Sector: Lindsey Humpal
South Sector: Jessie Blohm