Central Rivers AEA Literacy Consultants: Who Are We?
We are all here for you! We desire for you to have success and will work right alongside you. As consultants, we provide a wide variety of services to districts and also provide high-quality professional development, coaching, and consulting both in-district and at our agency. We are very excited to take this journey with you!
Region 2: Ashley Bultje
Region 3: Kelly Westley
Region 5: Tina Graven
Region 6: Teri Boezinger
Region 8: Holly Ritter
Region 9: Lora Kester
Region 10: Melissa Blohm
Region 11: Tami Huck
What We Provide:
- Pursue and incorporate current research and information on best practices of Reading/Language Arts instruction and programs into all aspects of the position.
- Disseminate information relative to current research and best practices in the area of Reading/Language Arts to educators and staff in Central Rivers AEA.
- Work with school districts in a continuous improvement process using data to target growth plans.
- Ascertain and align district needs with agency resources, services, and support.
- Serve as a liaison between LEA’s, the Department of Education, regional education labs and/or appropriate local, state and national organizations to coordinate and collaborate programs and services.
- Pursue and incorporate the integration of technology as it relates to teaching and learning.
- Maintain appropriate written records and documentation of Reading/Language Arts programs and activities.
- Develop, conduct, reflect, monitor and adjust formal and informal professional development opportunities for district personnel.
- Work with districts to implement all aspects of the Iowa Core Curriculum.
- Provide consulting and professional development in the area of Reading/Language Arts, and school improvement.
#CR-15359-15359 CR – A Multi-Sensory Approach to Teaching Phonemic Awareness and Phonics
Cedar Falls Location
Thursday, January 09, 2020 9:00 AM – 03:30 PM
Thursday, February 06, 2020 3:30 PM – 05:30 PM
Thursday, February 20, 2020 9:00 AM – 03:30 PM
Clear Lake Location
Tuesday, March 24, 2020 9:00 AM-3:30 PM
Thursday, April 9, 2020 3:30 PM-5:30 PM
Tuesday, April 21, 2020 9:00 AM-3:30 PM