Revised guidelines on TLC allowable funds
We are in the sixth year of Teacher Leadership and Compensation (TLC) and there have been many administrators and teachers who were not in their current positions when TLC was implemented. Recently the Iowa Department of Education updated information regarding how Teacher Leadership Funds can be spent.
The overriding philosophy of the system is multi-pronged, but boils down to this: Improving student learning requires improving the instruction they receive each day. There is no better way to do this than to empower our best teachers to lead the effort.
The goals of the Teacher Leadership and Compensation System are as follows:
- Attract able and promising new teachers by offering competitive starting salaries and offering short-term and long-term professional development and leadership opportunities.
- Retain effective teachers by providing enhanced career opportunities.
- Promote collaboration by developing and supporting opportunities for teachers in schools and school districts statewide to learn from each other.
- Reward professional growth and effective teaching by providing pathways for career opportunities that come with increased leadership responsibilities and involve increased compensation.
- Improve student achievement by strengthening instruction.
For more information, contact Jo Prusha at email@example.com.